warning :)

Sorry for any typos. I mostly blog from my iPhone lying in bed nursing a baby or sitting on the couch nursing a baby, or wearing a baby nursing. In between home schooling and laundry and diaper changing. Oh did I mention I might be nursing a baby? The point is, I rarely sit down at the computer. Thanks for understanding. You're the best!

Monday, August 19, 2013

hello simple breakfasts

I am participating in the hello hello mornings challenge.  Today is day 1. And if you read about my morning monsters you know I need to come up with a simple, sane way to feed all these kids and myself, while I'm still in a daze.

So here is my,
Hello Breakfast Menu

Soaked oatmeal We really like soaked oatmeal. I measure out about 2 cups of oats into my cooking pot. dice one apple and put into the pot, cover with water, mix in about a tbsp of yogurt cover the pot and let it sit on the counter over night. In the morning, I turn on the pot, bring it to a light boil, turn it down until it's warmed. Then serve with cinnamon and milk or cream.

Pancakes. I make up the pancakes sometime during the week and store in fridge or freezer. In the morning I just warm them in the microwave or toaster. Easy Peasy. I am just using the good old fashioned Better Homes and Gardens red and white cookbook recipe, but am working on some almond flour, and whole wheat recipes. I'm sure you could do the same thing with these.

Baked eggs. Whip up 6 eggs with a little milk poor into buttered muffin tins cover and store in fridge (or you can do it all in the morning, I wont be that awake)  In the Morning pop in the 350 oven for 10ish minutes until done. Serve on homemade rolls or alone with cheese. If you want to get fancy these are really yummy

homemade or not :) yogurt. I love making yogurt, but sometimes I don't do it. So I buy it.
We eat it with frozen blueberries

I won't lie, I'm sure there will be days, we'll probably have, just plain old toast and jam. But I'm hoping my menu will eliminate the "shhh and just eat some bread or cold cereal" monster that likes to show up in the morning.

Bless us, 
O Lord, 
and these your gifts, 
which we are about to receive 
from your bounty.
Through Christ our Lord. 

Amen.

What are your favorite sane breakfasts?

today I'm linking up with
Photobucket




1 comment:

  1. I still haven't done soaked oatmeal, but we like regular oatmeal (well, I do, I think my hubby gets kind of sick of it!). I also love making homemade biscuits, because I can mix them up and bake them in about 20 minutes. Eggs are always a quick, easy go-to (fried or scrambled with coconut oil, they're SO good!). And pancakes and French toast aren't difficult or time-consuming either.

    For days I have time (or when I plan ahead) we like having egg bake, or cinnamon rolls for special occasions. And I love making homemade granola for quick breakfasts!

    I just released a cookbook TODAY that has all these breakfast recipes (and a lot more). Please check out my blog if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete